So, I've been hunting "happy news" lately. I stumbled across happynews.com, the Good News Network, Gimundo...and I've found some cool stuff!
Top "Happy" Stories:
1. A "Live Action" Simpsons Intro created by a extremely dedicated fan for all of my friends who like the show.
2. "9- Affordable Ways to de-stress."
3. Waitress gets $1,000 in lost money back from Charger's Fans! (WOW!)
4. This AMAZING clip shows "Stop Motion" animated SAND SCULPTURES. (Very cool!)
5. "On Nice Girls." (FINALLY!)
6. This review of Guy Kawasaki's new book Enchantment: Winning People Over the Ethical Way.
7. "Simple Steps to Happiness." The Best Places on the Web to visit for a mind boost.
8. "Five Ways to Give Without Spending a Dime."
“We find that not only do altruistic actions bring about happiness but they also lessen our experience of suffering. Here I am not suggesting that the individual whose actions are motivated by the wish to bring others happiness necessarily meets with less misfortune than the one who does not. Sickness, old age, mishaps of one sort or another are the same for us all. But the sufferings which undermine our internal peace, anxiety, doubt, disappointment, these things are definitely less. In our concern for others, we worry less about ourselves. When we worry less about ourselves an experience of our own suffering is less intense.”
-- Dalai Lama